Today, I decided to try a color pairing that I’ve personally never tried before: blue and gold.
Initially, I was planning on doing a blue and silver look, until a quick look through my collection revealed that I don’t actually own any silver eyeshadow. After that was confirmed, I quickly settled on replacing silver with gold. I knew how beautiful the pairing could be, and I already had my perfect navy blue picked out (Shiro’s Colonel), but I had a hell of a time deciding which gold to pair it with–I have quite a few more than I realized. The first contender was Corvus Cosmetics’ Iara which, although a beautiful yellow-gold, proved to be too dark of a gold to go with Colonel based on back-of-the-hand swatches. Next up were Life’s Entropy’s Just Kitten and Finding Nucleotides, neither of which went well with the blue. Finally, I picked up Dawn Eyes Cosmetics’ Champagne Chrome, which is the exact silvered gold shade I needed. Who would’ve guessed that a shade called “Champagne Chrome” would be silvery pale gold?
Closeups of the finished look:
- Darling Girl Primped and Primed primer
- Detrivore Ossuary as a base color (not visible in finished look)
- Dawn Eyes Cosmetics Champagne Chrome on the inner 2/3rds of the lid
- Shiro Colonel on the outer third of the lid, in the crease, under the eye as a powder liner
- Shiro Colonel mixed with Darling Girl Superstar Serum as a liquid liner
- Shiro Wings of Night in the deep crease
- Covergirl Super Sizer mascara
- Giorgio Armani Maestro foundation in shade 2
- Covergirl Master Conceal concealer
- Milani lipstick in shade 27 Dulce Caramelo