This look was inspired yesterday when I was looking through my collection of purple shadows and happened upon Dawn Eyes Cosmetics’ “Wicked”. For those who haven’t seen this shadow before, it’s a gorgeous dark purple with gold glitter in it, and as soon as I saw it I KNEW I had to do a FOTD incorporating it. Unfortunately for me, by the time I’d completed the look the sun had almost completely set and none of my lighting was capturing the purple correctly. Even in Photoshop I couldn’t get the colors to look how they did in person! However, I loved the look so much that I recreated it today (while the sun was still out) so I could take better pictures and make a full post.
Closeups of the finished look:
You can sort of tell in the first picture that Wicked as a liner is super glittery in person. Unfortunately it lost a lot of that sparkle as a shadow when blended out, but I’m sure it would show up well over a sticky base.
- Darling Girl Primped and Primed primer
- Detrivore Ossuary as a base color (not visible in finished look)
- Howl Cosmetics Sugared Gold (lid color)
- Dawn Eyes Cosmetics Devil in Jersey City (outer corner, crease, and under eye)
- Dawn Eyes Cosmetics Wicked (deep crease, outer v)
- Mixed with Darling Girl Superstar Serum as liner
- Sweetpea & Fay Liquid Lipstick in Nantes (lips)
- Covergirl Full Lash Bloom mascara
- Milani Stay Put Brow Color in 02 Natural Taupe (outer half of eyebrows)